I was living a lie, afraid to show to the world the real me. I was afraid what if I would not be accepted as I am in this society. So I always carried pretense so that I can project a good person who would be loved by all. And it worked. But then I realized it is on false impression. I had no idea what I was doing. I had no idea what is good! Because for every person the definition of ‘good’ changes and henceforth I got to learn one cannot live a life impressing others. Even if you are flawless they would dig you and find a matter to scorn you or mock at you. They are always ready with an excuse to prove how much wrong you are.
I was tired of the society and its false impressions! I could not tell the exact incident or date when I slowly began to be honest to the harsh world. Though I was always honest to myself and my close ones which would include my good buddies and family. But then I began to be honest to whomsoever I talk to. The funny part is even if I am completely honest they find it hard to believe; not because they don’t trust the story but because they know no one can be so honest to brutally expose oneself.
I learned a lot. Being an open book I made people leave my side because they could not get their idle friend in me. Normally people do not accept the ‘wrong’ things one does, which I clearly did! But the one who understood were at my side forever. I got to know who my real friends are and how supportive one’s family can be. I wondered why I tried so hard to impress others when I was a kid. Then I realized I was a kid. Now I am not. I know how much to be frank with someone.
Nobody is honest anymore and people are afraid of it (like I was). Try to be honest and get the response of the world. It’s fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment