“Enough! I also want to get committed”, Lisa said seeing a
couple walking hand in hand in the railway platform. Roma, Lisa and I planned
to visit elephant caves and Lisa and I were waiting for Roma in the platform.
I was surprised for the sudden outburst because Lisa was a kind of girl who
runs away from commitment. She was not like this before but after three heart
breaks someone inside her was afraid to trust in guys.
“But you never wanted that!” I said closing the book I was
reading.
“Well you know, I am really afraid to get into one because I
cannot handle another break up. Why is it like I always fall in love for the
person who turns out an asshole later? I am tired of loving others. Now I want
someone to love me. Buy me flowers, take me out for dates, spend time with me,
care for me, confide in me, respect me and for god sake do these things without
restriction”, she said in a single breath.
This was not new. She gets this "want-a-boyfriend" attack
once in a while. I did not speak a word. I kept the book in my bag because I
knew she was going to continue.
“Say something”, she stared at me with a curved eyebrow.
“What should I say? It’s not that you do not get guys
hitting on you. But you are too afraid to go out with them.”
“Come on, You also know, they are hitting on me just to have
sex. I don’t understand why men want only that!” She sighed.
“Don’t you want that”, I winked.
She burst into a laugh. She knew I was playing around.
“I want him to be romantic. That’s it. I am tired of being a
grown up. I want to live in the teenage dream again”
“Okay”
“Mmm and about that, I want to make love and not sex”
I had no idea what she was talking about. A strange relief
came when I saw Roma coming. At least I would not be alone to handle her
craziness.
I took a step forward and waved to Roma.
“Hey guys, I am so sorry, since when are you waiting for
me”? said Roma hugging the two of us.
“That’s ok, we were not bored, Lisa is again in the trance
of "want-a-boyfriend” I said nudging Lisa on the shoulder.
We three laughed.
“Okay, we gonna get a handsome romantic guy for you, mumbai
is full of them, Don’t worry sweetheart. Look, as the three of us are single,
we are able to hang out. Or else who knows you would not get time for us and be
“romantic” with him the whole day and night of course.” Roma said teasing
Lisha.
“Now come on, Let us not get late further”, I said reading
the time of the digital board.
It was one minute left
for the arrival of the train-CH.
I was happy to have friends as crazy as me. We understood
each other and take a good care when any of the three fall under this kind of
stupid trance.
No comments:
Post a Comment