Someone asked me ‘What is the most precious thing for you?’
It was an abrupt question from nowhere in the middle of a
random conversation. I was blank for a couple of seconds. I was blank because I don’t
know what to say. I did not have the answer. I never thought about it. A sudden
pain in my head appeared as I started to search what is precious to me.
Is it my sister whom I love the most? Or my parents? Or the
friends for whom I can die for? Or the people who treat me as their mentor and
confide in me?
Wait a second! Why am I talking about people and
relationship, there are tangible things that I love too. Like chocolates which
makes me feel good when I am down like a perfect boyfriend one could ever
imagine of. Or coffee, without which I cannot think of a single day. The
letters I got filled with the dust of memories or the gifts that reminds me of the
beautiful past I would die to trade for with my future. The diary of my high school
where I bled my thoughts in the little poems I wrote. Or the scrapbook where my
friends descried me how awesome I am to whom they never want to lose. Are these
precious? Of course they are precious. These are the things I adore, something
that makes me feel that I am worthy.
Listening to music, exploring the new world, meeting new
people, singing, dancing, chatting, writing, reading, helping out others, doing
things out of the box, pushing limits, making new friends, being vulnerable,
trusting stranger- these are the things I do, I like, Are these precious? I
mean the things I like to do should be precious, isn’t it? because it makes me
happy.
The thoughts flooded in my head. I was confused which one
not to consider. Then I narrowed it down priority wise. Of course the food makes me feel good but they can’t be precious as the relationship I share
with someone. Yes, I value my family, I value my friends. And we all know
human is a social animal. He can’t live alone. We crave for company, love and
care. I want to love and to be loved. Then again I thought, what is the ‘most’ precious
thing for me?
Is it LOVE???
No. Someone inside my head shouted- ‘NO’. I said why? It is
something that everybody wants, I want. Then the voice of my head said why can’t
you realize what is the MOST precious thing for you! There was a complete
silence. I shrugged a little then my eyes got brighten, there was a smile on my
face. Yes I found the answer. Answer to a simple question. It was “RESPECT”. Yes,
you heard me right. I will prefer a person who respects me on the person who
only loves me. Love might hurt but respect give you sense of existence. Yes I
respect my family and friends. I respect people who I don’t know personally.
And for me, knowing that a person respects me is the best thing I can ever
expect from anybody.
Ps- The
person who asked would not have a slightest idea that his question would bring a
tornado of thoughts to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment